Lead the way! Belay Tech is seeking a System/Application Engineer to provide installation, configuration and maintenance support to an enterprise middleware infrastructure solution. The selected candidate will work as part of team that installs, configures and maintains a variety of COT’s products that support the client’s enterprise. The team provides 2nd tier production and staging support for the software infrastructure.
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph.
- 3 years System Administration experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field. An additional 4+ years of System Administration experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 7 years.
- 3 years Linux/Unix system administration experience
- Experience in integrating and troubleshooting distributed systems in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience installing and configuring COTS software applications
- Experience with supporting software in VMware hosted Linux environments
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational skills
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to management
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot existing bash/perl scripts
- Understanding of ongoing STE/STN activities with a focus on TLS and the Corporate Authorization Service
- Understanding of networks (such as troubleshooting MTU/WAN latency)
- Experience with various clustering software such as Red Hat Clustering Service (RHCS) and Pacemaker
- Knowledge on local storage versus SAN
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, MWSA,A;03-01;02
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=11118164 →