Belay Technologies is seeking a DevOps developer on a team that is focused on open source software development supporting an enterprise platform. Specific duties include:
- Experience with Web App framework (Django, Rails, Express)
- Understanding of REST interfaces and Web APIs.
- Experience troubleshooting production Linux systems.
- Experience scripting with Ruby and/or Python.
- Experience Shell scripting with Bash.
- Design, develop, unit/integration test, and build software code to provide new functionality and extend/modify existing code; using object-oriented software methodologies.
- Support a variety of open source enterprise applications with thousands of users
- Data formats (i.e. JSON, XML, and HTML)
- Write Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs (e.g. Shell, Ruby, Python, etc.) and work in a command line environment
- Manage code using Git
- Troubleshoot and debug a variety of software stacks such as Rails, MEAN, Django
- Support networking protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP, and application protocols including HTTP and DNS
- Managing a variety of databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch
- Have working knowledge of Chef, Puppet, Ancible, or Salt.
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources, integrate and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
- Develop software as necessary to integrate between components, perform new capabilities, to facilitate testing, etc.
- Support continuous integration/build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Work in an Agile and DevOps style environment
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
The Mid-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least six (6) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least four (4) years developing software in an enterprise environment.
- At least three (3) years developing software for Windows, UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- At least three (3) years in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least four (4) documents in support of a software development project.
- Designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, Amb; 18-18 MidSWE
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.