As a modern front-end developer, you will utilizing React, Angular, or similar component-driven frameworks. You should have experience customizing UI frameworks such as Semantic UI, Bootstrap, Material UI, or similar. You should have the ability to solve problems, prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and part of a team ,and display strong communication and collaborative skills. All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with FSPoly.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
The Mid-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least six (6) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least four (4) years developing software in an enterprise environment.
- At least three (3) years developing software UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 5 – 7) operating systems. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
- Developing and coding at least one OOS.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- At least three (3) years in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least four (4) documents in support of a software development project.
- Designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Experience customizing UI frameworks such as Semantic UI, Bootstrap, Material UI, or similar
- Experience incorporating UX practices into modern, tasteful, and maintainable CSS layouts
- Experience working in a team environment
- Familiar with full stack web development
- Familiar with Git version control software
- Familiar with IDEs such as IntelliJ, Webstorm, or similar
- Familiar with Windows and Linux environments
- Familiar with Agile software development practices
- Familiar with requirements management tools, planning and defect tracking tools such as JIRA and TRAC.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented – define and documents business rules.
- Develop modern front-ends utilizing React, Angular, or similar component-driven frameworks.
- Displays strong communication and collaborative skills when coordinating with team members regarding design, development and testing.
- Develops, codes, maintains, and supports web applications that follow development standards.
- Collaborate with developers, stakeholders and users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing software application features and enhancements.
- Plans, implements, and supports new application designs and features.
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, with a strong commitment to delivery
- Submit bi-weekly/monthly status report documents
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, Amb;19-52MIDSWE
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.