Belay Tech is seeking a mid-level Software Developer with Java Enterprise Edition experience, Management Tool experience and general web development experience (HTML/CSS, JSP’s, JSF, etc.) Any experience with python or C++ is a bonus. You should possess an active DoD security clearance at the highest level.
Java Enterprise Edition (4+ yrs)
Build Management Tool (Maven, Apache Ant, Apache Ivy, etc.)
Linux (1-2 yrs or equivalent Unix)
General Web Development experience (HTML/CSS, JSPs, JSF, etc.)
Elastic Search (ELK Stack)
REST web server development
JMS client development
Atlassian tool suite familiarization (Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
Eight (8) years (or equivalent) software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
Skill: Develops or implements algorithms that meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
Skill: Assists with developing and executing test procedures for software components
Skill: Writes or reviews software and system documentation
Skill: Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
Skill: Analyzes user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
Skill: Designs and codes new software or modifies existing software to add new features
Skill: Debugs existing software and corrects defects
Skill: Integrates existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
Skill: Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, midSWE CTS4844
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10549090 →