Belay Technologies is seeking a Front-End (UI) / Full-Stack Software Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development and support to a tool that provides disseminatable data to be conveyed at the absolute first point of relevance allowing mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment. All candidates must hold an active and full DoD Security Clearance.
As a Front-End (UI) / Full-Stack Software Engineer your duties will include:
- Provide Front-end (UI) / Full-Stack software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Collaborate with other software development teams developing web-based user interface applications promoting service interoperability, integration, and reuse
- Maintain awareness of current landscape of visualization solutions exchanging knowledge and advice regarding visualization technologies
- Collaborate with User Experience design team to increase product’s usability
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
- Perform software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the application
You will be working with approximately 37 team members made up of software developers, system engineers, test engineers, SCRUM masters, and technical writers. You will collaborate with Outreach (user application helpdesk) and User Experience teams. You will provide software engineering support to the Cryptologic Knowledge Services (CKS) applications which allows critical, disseminatable data to be conveyed to the user at the absolute first point of relevance.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Technical experience with:
- Developing applications using AngularJS / jQuery / React / Vue (other JS frameworks)
- Developing Java Web or NodeJS applications
- Developing RESTful Services
- Developing applications interfacing into Oracle / Mongo DB / Elasticsearch
- Developing applications that are 508 compliant
- 20+ years’ experience with:
- Serving as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitoring their performance
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT; SWE3-04; KMang
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.