Belay Technologies is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer to perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. All candidates must possess an active DoD clearance at the highest level.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
The Information Systems Security Engineer shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations. Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content. Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing. Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
All candidates must possess an active DoD clearance at the highest level
* (14) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
* DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 2
* CISSP Certification
* Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
* Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components
* Support the government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among externals systems and architectures
* Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
* Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
* Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data
* Interact with the customer and other project team members
* Perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
* Provide security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
* Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
* Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program),
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one,
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans,
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay,
– Dental coverage including orthodontia, vision,
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, 4365-SQ, Full Scope, TS/SCI w/ Poly
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10356118 →