Belay Technologies seeks an ISSO with five years of experience that provides support for a program, organization, system, and/or enclave’s information assurance program. Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.. Candidates must possess a current and active DoD clearance at the highest level.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas: white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth: Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits: your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun: You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Provides support for a program, organization, system, and/or enclave’s information assurance program. Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies. Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system. Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information. Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation. Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware. Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes. Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs). Supports security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
The Level 1 Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) shall possess the following capabilities:
* Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
* Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
* Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
* Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
* Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
* Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
* Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
* Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program * Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
* Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
* Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
* Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
* Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day to day security operations of the system
* Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
* Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
Five (5) years’ experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Experience is to include at least one (1) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level I or higher is required. Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program),
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one,
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans,
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay,
– Dental coverage including orthodontia, vision,
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, GT
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10213712 →