Belay is seeking a JBLOCKS Software Engineer in support of the Corporate Reusable Software team (JBLOCKS). You will be involved in the design, development and documentation of policy-driven software for use in high performance environments across the IC, and you will have significant interaction with a wide variety of other programs. You should be able to create work plans from nebulous/conflicting requirements and communicate ideas and status updates to leadership. In addition, you should have experience with Java programming and software optimization, Smart Data, and community-based common data marking formats.
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer Engineering or computer science disciplines.
* 5 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years.
2+ years experience with Linux, Eclipse. Maven, and Java and 2+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
* Active and full DoD Security Clearance
At least four of the following skills are required:
Experience implementing multi-threaded applications and with the optimization of complex processes and data structures
Familiarity with object-oriented programming theory and best practices for the modularization and decoupling of complex processes
Familiarity with coding and documentation standards and best practices, and with source control systems
Experience with UML diagrams and/or other methods of expressing the implementation and operation of software
Familiarity with the CAPCO Register and Manual, and generally with data security policies as they apply to classified environments
Experience with the various JBLOCKS libraries, with PKI certificates, and with CASPORT/GOVPORT
Experience with community-based common data marking formats
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, MW2-43
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10397422 →