Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Assist the development of a web application. Specifically, assistance will be needed with
- Evaluating and implement analytical and visualization software
- Installation configuration and testing of software
- Work with System Engineering team to determine software requirements and feasibility
- Moving from conception prototype environment to an operational system
- Integration with customer security infrastructure
- Enhance user interface for analysts
- Interact with similar customer projects at API level
The Software Engineer shall have at least two (2) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. In addition, at least two (2) years developing software in an enterprise environment, and two (2) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) OS.
- At least one (1) year in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least two (2) documents in support of a software development project.
- Designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component
- HTML / CSS
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience with software engineering principles including but not limited to:
- Software Version / Revision Control suing SVN
- Use of bug tracking systems
- Software Development Environment setup
- Modular Programming / Abstraction
- Agile development
- Writing logging code
- Interface with stakeholders and users to improve features and functions of supported products
- A strong background with task analysis and user interface design.
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements.
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to design compelling and intuitive user interfaces.
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Provide help desk-like support to users
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, 18-42-AAJrSWE
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10642630 →