Belay Tech is seeking a mid-level Software Engineer with the ability to design, architect and develop COTS dashboards, evaluating analytical and visualization software, installing, configuring, and testing of software. You must hold an active DoD Security Clearance at the highest level.
The Mid-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least six (6) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- At least four (4) years developing software in an enterprise environment.
- At least three (3) years developing software UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 5 – 7) operating systems. At least one (1) year of this experience must have been obtained within the last two (2) years.
- Developing and coding at least one OOS.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- At least three (3) years in software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and shall have generated at least four (4) documents in support of a software development project.
- Designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Additional Experience (familiarity, not required):
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and develop ideas, architectures and agreements to support the interfaces between products.
- Experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Incorporating collaboration services into an integrated web environment.
- A general understanding of integrations to include dataflow and interface solutions.
- Familiar with technical architectures (e.g. SOA).
- Experience with performance and scalability testing.
- Experience with understanding dataflows and multi-user LOE workflows and correlating those workflows to visualizations.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, Maven, CVS, Subversion, and other development tools and environments.
- Experience developing production-quality applications using Commercial Off The Shelf tools.
- System installation procedures and application deployments
- Basic understand of ETL with an ability to write COTS LOAD scripts and validate data
- Create and use connectors to various data sources
- Understand the COTS data layer and architecture
- Ability to architect data to provide optimal performance
- Familiar with requirements management tools, planning and defect tracking tools such as JIRA and TRAC.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented – define and documents business rules.
- Experience working in teams.
- Knowledge of COTS products (SPLUNK, QlikSense, Tableau)
- Design, architect and develop COTS dashboards
- Evaluating analytical and visualization software
- Installation configuration and testing of software
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AMB;18-62;MidSWE01; TS/SCI with FSPoly; FSP
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.