Belay Tech is seeking an entry level Network Engineer to work on a critical mission. This is a great opportunity to grow within your career and gain experience on contract. No prior experience is required for this position, only a Bachelor in a technical field. Five years of experience can be substituted for a technical Bachelor. You must hold an active TS/SCI with FSPolygraph.
You will be providing assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. You will assist in analyzing design, specifications, and related documents; Implement communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
- Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
- Apply workaround solutions for known errors per documented methods and procedures.
- Analyze network and telecommunications system logs and identify potential issues.
- Perform network system backups per documented methods and procedures.
- Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to defined procedures.
- Build network and telecommunications systems for deployment, assist in testing, and prepare for shipping.
- Assist in the installation, operations, and maintenance of network devices & systems in the network/data centers and network infrastructure closets.
- Assist in deployment, installation, and implementation of VoIP, Video Tele-Conference (VTC), and Plain Old Telephone (POTS) systems.
- Interface and communicate with the Network Operations Centers (NOCs) of external telecommunications service providers (other Government organizations and commercial providers) on incidents and service issues.
- Assist with network and telecommunications activities being executed by Level 1 and 2 Network Engineers Qualifications:
No demonstrated experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Belay Technologies is supportive in your career development, we offer up to $5,000 in training and tuition reimbursement.
The following certification must be obtained prior to going on contract:
Computer Technology Industry Association – Network + (Network +)
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, GT;NE0
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.