The Network Engineer will support local and globally-distributed networks of varying sizes and configurations: management of a pool of virtual, mixed environments; remote health and status monitoring; design, sustainment, and enhancement of computer and system architectures; engineering support for lab systems, fielding of systems, and support of fielded systems; creation, sustainment, and enhancement of system documentation; and research support for the design of network systems. You must possess an active DoD security clearance at the highest level.
Candidate must possess the following capabilities:
- Possession of one (1) or more of the following certifications is required: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE), Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technically similar degree from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years of experience establishing LANs, to include creation and configuration of common services
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years administering Linux systems, to include installation of servers using PXE (e.g. Cobbler/Kickstart), producing RPMs for custom software installation, and/or the installation of Ubuntu and RedHat
- Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of three (3) years of experience with large system administration (>100 nodes) for geographically distributed systems of systems.
IDIQ Desired qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience deploying FOSS files and Perl libraries
- Demonstrated experience with the hardening and securing of hosts and services
- Demonstrated experience with the reconfiguration & recompiling of Linux kernels
- Demonstrated experience with GUI development
- Demonstrated experience programming in C and/or C++
The candidate will be joining a team that tackles challenges that spread the spectrum of technology ranging from embedded systems development to writing data analytics that process enterprise situational data. At any time one or more projects may be active which may require the need to support multiple projects simultaneously either as part of a team or individually. A well rounded networking background is a must with demonstrated experience across multiple areas such as but not limited to:
* experience configuring and managing networks
* understanding operating systems, networking technology, and security fundamentals
* ability to read and write a scripting language
DO Required Skills:
- Strong working experience of configuring and managing network switches
- Understanding of Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Experience building and deploying network security (authentication/authorization) solutions, e.g. 802.1x, or MACSEC
- Experience working in Linux environments
It is highly preferred if candidates can demonstrate one or more of the desired criteria.
DO Desired Skills:
- Experience configuring and deploying SDN applications on at least one SDN Controller, e.g. Ryu, ONOS, or OpenDaylight
- Experience/understanding of the OpenFlow protocol
- Experience with TCG TNC and/or TPM-based network device authentication
- Experience with the Python scripting language
- Experience with software development
- Experience with SCM tools, e.g. git
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, VOX023NEII, FSP, Full Scope Poly, Polygraph
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10857637 →