Platform Engineer to provide datacenter network, development, deployment, configuration management, and maintenance in support of enterprise middleware solutions. Activities will include implementing server and network solutions, ensuring enterprise security needs are being met, and documenting processes and procedures. Additional tasks include:
- Providing implementation support for migration to and configuration of new datacenters (switches, routers, firewalls, servers, RHEL KVM/VMware Virtual Machines, SAN devices)
- Providing maintenance and security patches to all deployed devices
- Deploying and supporting commercial and open source cloud-based computing environments
- Supporting lab-based hardware and servers that host middleware solutions, to include installing and maintaining operating systems and application software
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems (some networking classes) plus 5 years of experience as a Systems Administrator in a medium to large enterprise environment. An additional 4+ years of Platform Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years.
- Experience with configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting SAN/NAS from multiple vendors including Sun/NetApp/Dell
- Experience with configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting RHEL and/or CentOS systems on bare-metal, virtual (VMware or RHEL KVM), and cloud environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Able to clearly communicate ideas, issues and status updates to management and other team members
- Technical writing skills
- Experience with Visio
- Experience deploying to and managing software in cloud computing environments.
- Experience with Windows 2012 R2 Enterprise Server, Active Directory and DNS, to include creating and maintaining group policies
- Experience with Linux/UNIX BIND and DHCP
- General knowledge on change control tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining RPM packages
- Proficient in creating and improving Linux/UNIX and Windows shell scripts
- Experience with Nagios, Xymon, or other monitoring and alerting tools
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, FSP, Full Scope Polygraph, MW, 03-04, PlatEng
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.