Belay Tech is seeking a Principal Software Engineer with experience in developing within Eclipse Integrated Develop Environment (IDE) or Rich Client Platform (RCP). You should have experience architecting, designing, developing, testing and supporting integration of Hadoop and MapReduce frameworks. All candidates must possess an active DoD security clearance at the highest level.
The Principal-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
· At least 15 years SW development/engineering, including requirements analysis, SW development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior/mid-level/ junior programmer/analysts, as required.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substituted for four (4) years of experience. A Master’s Degree in a Technical field will be considered equivalent to an additional 2 years of experience.
· At least 8 years developing SW using Java programming language. At least 6 years of this experience must have been obtained in the last 8 years.
· At least 6 years years demonstrated experience developing SW for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) OS. At least 2 years of this experience must have been obtained within the last 4 years.
· Extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top level contributor or specialist.
· Firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of 6 years of experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
· Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
· Demonstrated technical writing skills; generated at least 5 documents in support of a SW development project.
· Exp. designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
· Exp. in development within Eclipse Integrated Develop Environment (IDE) or Rich Client Platform (RCP).
· Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing and supporting integration of Hadoop and MapReduce frameworks.
· Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing and supporting integration of software as a component of SIGINIT solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years of experience.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AM1854PrSWE3
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10904758 →