Belay Tech is seeking a back-end software developer to install configuration and testing of software; design, architect and develop COTS dashboards; knowledge of COTS/Business Intelligence products (SPLUNK, QlikSense/View, Tableau); and evaluating analytical and visualization software. All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with FSPoly.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
The Principal-level Software Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least 15 years SW development/engineering, including requirements analysis, SW development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to senior/mid-level/ junior programmer/analysts, as required. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related Technical Field may be substituted for four (4) years’ experience. A Master’s Degree in a Technical field will be considered equivalent to an additional 2 years’ experience.
- At least 8 years developing SW using Java programming language. At least 6 years of this experience must have been obtained in the last 8 years.
- At least 6 years demonstrated experience developing SW for Windows, UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 5 – 7) OS. At least 2 years of this experience must have been obtained within the last 4 years.
- Extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
- Firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of 6 years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; generated at least 5 documents in support of a SW development project.
- Exp. designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience. Master’s Degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to an additional two (2) years’ experience.
- Experience developing production-quality applications using Commercial Off The Shelf tools.
- Must have fluency in at least one scripting/coding language such as Ruby, Shell, Python, or Java
- Experience writing software for configuration management systems (Puppet, Rancher, Salt, Docker, Chef) in a production environment
- Experience desired configuring and/or utilizing monitoring/logging solutions for operations such as an ELK Stack, Splunk, or Qlik —must be willing to get trained on Splunk development and query language.
- Solid web infrastructure fundamentals: TCP/IP NDS, HTTP, caching REST, and scale out
- System installation procedures and application deployments
- Knowledge of the following:
- Linux cgroups
- Web/Dashboard development
- Java SE 5+, java EE (Servlets, JSP)
- REST/Web architecture
- HTTP specification (methods, headers, response codes)
- Basic understand of ETL with an ability to write COTS LOAD scripts, write file processors, and validate data
- ETL frameworks such as NiagraFiles
- Create and use connectors to various data sources
- Understand the COTS data layer and architecture
- Ability to architect data to provide optimal performance
- Back-End Software Development
- Installation configuration and testing of software
- Design, architect and develop COTS dashboards
- Knowledge of COTS/Business Intelligence products (SPLUNK, QlikSense/View, Tableau)
- Evaluating analytical and visualization software
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, 18-26PRSWE
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.