The Senior Cloud Developer will coordinate the implementation efforts of several developers of varying skill levels. The team will be implementing AWS/C2S based large scale back-end data management solutions. This is a complex, multi-year full life-cycle task with many user types. You should currently hold a DoD security clearance at the highest level.
- Support strategic efforts of the leadership team, including efforts of PMO and the Chief Engineer/Chief Architect.
- Provide feedback to leadership on status and approach.
- Coordinate the enhancement and defect management process for development.
- Perform risk management and mitigation at a development level.
- Perform development as part of the team to development of solution.
- Maintain existing legacy system and help plan transition to new system.
- Manage implementation to plan, schedule and integrate the new issues and tasks as they occur.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 10 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
- 3+ years of work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- 7+ years Java development experience on operation systems.
- 5+ years defining and developing high performance back end systems.
- 3+ years cloud development/analytics experience.
- 3+ years scripting language development experience on operational systems.
- 3+ years customer relevant secure development practices.
- 3+ years XML usage and development (XSD) experience.
- 2+ years data format design.
- 2+ years scm (specifically git) experience.
- Able to create and manage a ticket/change management workflow.
- Familiar with using Linux and a development environment (including light SA assistance).
- Hands on experience with cloud development technologies (Pig/Hadoop).
- Hands on experience with audit systems and protocols.
- AWS/C2S experience.
- Apache Camel experience.
- Apache NiFi experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, MW SWEIV-B, FSP, Full Scope, TS/SCI
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10764328 →