Belay Tech is seeking a Cloud Developer with experience in Java, C, C++ and NoSQL products. You will be working on a critical mission within a fun environment. All candidates shall currently hold a full DoD security clearance.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience combined programming with all of the following languages: Java, C, and C++ in the last ten (10) years
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience designing and developing applications in a Windows or UNIX/Linux operating environment within the last 7 years
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Apache Accumulo, and/or Big Table within the last five (5) years
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with Map/Reduce
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with requirements analysis and design for one (1) or more object-oriented systems
- Minimum of one (1) year experience developing Restful services
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline; an associate’s degree in computer science or related discipline and two (2) years programming experience or five (5) years programming experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
Task Level Desired requirements:
- Demonstrated experience with using Accumulo for content storage and indexing; and the use of visibility field to support filtering based on classification and legal authority label.
- Demonstrated experience with Machine Learning.
- Demonstrated experience with the development, coding, testing, and debugging of Groovy on Grails, Scala, and/or Pig
- Demonstrated experience in shell scripting
- Demonstrated experience with Git
- Demonstrated experience with server and client web services and/or web based user interfaces
- Demonstrated experience developing cloud-based solutions within the TD environment, to include requirements derivation, formal reviews, developmental and operational testing, and milestone reviews
- Background in math
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, VG, Full Scope, FSP, TS/SCI
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10379833 →