The Senior Cloud System Administrator will provide mission applications focused expertise for the IT user. The successful candidate will: Interact effectively, courteously, and directly with the user to resolve technical issues and respond to queries and requests for service that originate by telephone, web-based portals, email, or other methods. Read, write and implement standard operating procedures and technical documentation and assist with installation and configuration of new software applications. Support the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
The candidate must possess a working knowledge of computer operations, platforms, systems, architectures, functions, and terminology and assist with transition of new technologies into the Enterprise service environment and be able to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks.
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 10 years System Administration experience. An additional 4+ years of System Administration experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Bash scripting
- Network protocols
- Port management
- Firewalls (includes iptables)
- Virtual Machine (VM) implementation and management
- SSH, PKI
- Experience configuring servers, networks, and storage.
- Understanding of NIAGARAFILES.
- Experience operating within the cloud, preferable with Amazon Web Services (AWS) components.
- Experience in integrating and troubleshooting distributed systems in a Linux environment.
- Experience with log management (syslog, rsyslog, syslog-ng).
- Experience with OS performance tuning and Linux security.
- Background in scalable architectures, data flow management, and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Python.
- DevOps experience.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, MW5-11,12 Sr SA – A: FSP
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10765042 →