Belay Tech is seeking an ISSO/System Engineer to propose, coordinate, and enforce information systems security policies, standards and methodologies. The candidate will develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation. This individual will provide change management for security relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware, and maintain the operational security posture. All candidates shall have a full DoD clearance at the highest level.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Candidates shall have eleven (11) years of related experience with a bachelor in a technical field or fifteen (15) years of related experience without a technical degree. Candidates shall have experience performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis. A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is highly desired and will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.
- Seven (7) years leading and guiding; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Experience with XACTA, Gatekeeper, ROCBLASTER, KnightSupreme, LatteArt, and CASPORT.
- Experience in reviewing system logs.
- Experience in taking a system to ATO and reauthorization of systems.
- Experience with creating data flow diagrams.
- Experience with scanning systems (Nessus).
- Experience with Secure the Enterprise Initiatives.
- Experience with audit reduction tools (SEAR, SPLUNK).
- Experience with basic Unix operating system commands and Unix log files.
- Experience working with software development and DevOps teams.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills to resolve information security challenges.
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
- Understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Instruction 1253 and the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53 security controls.
- CISSP certification.
- Previous client ISSO experience.
- Experience with IAVAs, audit events, and managing entitlements.
- Propose, coordinate and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Develop and updates the system security plan and other IA documentation.
- Provide change management for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
- Maintains the operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Assist with the security management aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system.
- Perform the analysis of enterprise-level security architectures, network management architectures, communications architectures, and key management architectures, identifying any vulnerability and providing suggested mitigation alternatives.
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, Amb SrSE05 18-41
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10263832 →