Belay is seeking a Network Engineer to provide assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. You will be analyzing the design, specifications, and related documents; Implementing communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyzing network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, etc), troubleshooting problems and recommendations procurement of and/or modifications to network components. You will be working on a critical mission and must hold an active DoD Security Clearance at the highest level.
- Conduct complex network problem analysis; resolve complex network and telecommunications problems.
- Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization, and security solutions.
- Optimize end-to-end network system performance and traffic flow management.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through problem analysis and use of network performance analytic tools.
- Assist system engineers and cross organizational teams to formulate solutions in response to mission requirements.
- Design and verify network solutions to support requirements for routing protocols, policy based routing, traffic shaping, border gateway protocols, tunneling IP Security, network address translations, network security, firewall contexts, load-balancing, latency, data throughput, WAN acceleration, and monitoring.
- Introduce and integrate new network and telecommunications technologies.
- Provide guidance and leadership to Level 0-2 network engineers.
- Verify and validate activities of Level 0-2 network engineers, ensure approved methods and procedures are followed.
Fifteen (15) years’ experience as a Network Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Belay Technologies allows up to $5,000 annual training and tuition reimbursement!
One of the following certifications shall be held:
Cisco Certified Network Professional – (CCNP) Routing and Switching
Cisco Certified Network Professional – (CCNP)Security
Cisco Certified Network Professional – (CCNP)Voice
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, GTNE3, Full Scope, FSP, TS/SCI with FSPoly
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10683316 →