Belay Technologies is seeking a Extract, Translate, and Load (ETL) Software Engineer to join their software development team that provides application development for ETL processes for retrieving and delivering data across multiple persistence technologies in a performant manner. All candidates must hold an active DoD security clearance at the highest level.
You will be working with approximately 37 team members made up of software developers, system engineers, test engineers, SCRUM masters, and technical writers. You will collaborate with Outreach (user application helpdesk) and User Experience teams.
ETL Software Engineer Duties Include:
- Providing software development and technical services to support the Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA)
- Developing ETL processes to retrieve and deliver data across multiple persistence technologies in a performant manner
- Understanding and ensure corporate compliance rule sets are upheld
- Developing and deploying Map/Reduce analytics to the corporate cloud environment
- Connecting to outside data sources to retrieve, collate, and cache data
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Monitoring running applications and troubleshooting errors.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Technical experience with:
- Developing applications using Java
- Developing RESTful Services
- Developing applications interfacing into Elasticsearch / Oracle
- 20+ years’ experience with:
- Serving as the technical lead of multiple software development teams
- Development of software solutions by analyzing system performance standards
- Assisting with development and execution of test procedures for software components
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Ensuring quality control of all developed and modified software
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitoring their performance
- Writing or reviewing software system documentation
- Experience with HTTP caching
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with Apache NiFi and/or Apache Spark
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with consuming and writing web services
- Experience with generating technical documentation
- Experience with writing Linux based scripts for code integration and cron jobs using Bourne Shell, C, or Python and work in a command line environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
- Experience using with Jira and Confluence
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT; BIA SWE2 or 3; know man
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.