Lead the way! Belay Tech is seeking a Software Developer to provide support on multiple projects and second party broker to broker access and other disparate data sources and projects that use the query broker services. All candidates shall possess an active DoD clearance at the highest level.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
The Software Developer will provide support to TransX, DataXplorer, JEMA and second party broker to broker access and other disparate data sources and projects that use the ROLERCOASTER query broker services. In addition, the developer will maintain various instances of the ROLLERCOASTER product and troubleshoot and debug issues.
- At least six (6) years of Software Development experience with a Bachelor Degree. Or ten (10) years in software development/engineering without a degree.
- At least six (6) years of experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing software for Windows (7 or higher), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Additional Experience Desired:
- Developing and deploying desktop application frameworks (e.g. ECLIPSE RCP)
- JDK 7 and 8
- Experience creating a Java Web application backed by a database using JDBC, JPA or Hibernate
- Spring 3.x or above
- Experience consuming and writing REST and SOAP services in Java and Jersey
- Build and deployment experience with Maven, Apache Web Server, and Tomcat
- Knowledge of MongoDB v3.x
- Experience with Active MQ, JMS, XML, JSON, SOAP UI
- Experience with DOM and AJAX
- Knowledge of JQuery
- Experience with Firebug
- Experience with Agile methods, Scrum, and XP
- Detail-oriented and thorough in designing, coding, and testing. Provided Version Description Documentation for each release
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and standards
- Familiar with Test Driven Development and experience using JS/UI test using a testing framework
- Experience with JIRA
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of experience.
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, 18-56-AASr
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10218842 →