Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to design and develop dashboards for analysis and data visualization using COTS products such as Splunk, Qlik, and Tableau, as well as open source software components. All candidates shall have six (6) years of Software Development experience with a Bachelor in a technical field, or the candidate shall have ten (10) years of Software Development without a technical degree. All candidates must possess an active DoD clearance.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
• Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
• Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
• Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
• Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
• Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
• Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
• Experience installing, evaluating, and integrating commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and open source software components into applications and deploying and supporting them in production
• Understanding of Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) operations and issues
• Experience with NiFi integration
• Knowledge of web front-end development using current languages, libraries, and development tools (e.g., JQuery, CSS, HTML5, JSON APIs)
• Familiarity with industry best practices for Agile software development, automated testing, and continuous integration
• Ten (10) years of experience in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.
• The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
• At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years. At least four (4) years developing SW for UNIX or LINUX (Redhat versions 5 – 7) OS. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
• Design and develop dashboards for analysis and data visualization using COTS products such as Splunk, Qlik, and Tableau, as well as open source software components.
• Install, configure, test, deploy, and support various software products
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, 18-60-SrSWE01
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10345519 →