Senior Software Engineer:
- This position will involve collaborative work with system engineers, software engineers, and system administrators to design, develop, research, document, integrate, verify and test several products and systems. The team member is expected to have software architecture and leadership experience.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree can be substituted for two (2) years experience
- Shall have at least eight (8) years experience as a Software Engineer in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, or problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- Shall have at least three (3) years experience developing software for Microsoft Windows (XP or newer), or UNIX/Linux/Centos family of operating systems.
- Shall have experience on the design and development of at least one Object Oriented system.
- Shall have extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
- Shall have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Shall have experience developing solutions integrating or extending FOSS/COTS products.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated technical documents in support of a software development project.
- Front End User Interface (UI) Development
- Middle-Tier Development
- Back-End Development
- Full Stack Development
- Data Modeling
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- “Wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, FSP, Full Scope Polygraph, BR, 32, SrSWE
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.