Belay is seeking a Software Engineer to support a system that provides near real-time, interactive map of the global Internet.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Belay is seeking a Software Engineer to support a system that provides near real-time, interactive map of the global Internet. By fusing public domain, commercial and other data, the system provides a comprehensive view of Internet routing infrastructure relative to networks of interest Selected intelligence information automatically correlated with network routing data and overlaid network topology maps provides customer with a powerful network analysis advantage.
• High Level:
Systems: Requirements management, development planning, baseline management, life-cycle planning, and team integration
Software: Architecture management, COTS/GOTS product selection, language expert, and library selection
Program Management: Work breakdown, schedule, objective tracking, and risk management
• Leads a medium sized team of senior software engineers, cloud engineers, network engineers, database engineers, database administrators, system administrators, and data management personnel spanning multiple organizations
• Provide technical direction to the responsible subject matter expert. Rapidly achieve buy-in and establish relationships of trust by vetting new technology, requirements, and project plans
• Follow tailored agile software development methodology
• Communicate program and technical status to team, users, contract program management team, and customer leadership
• Review and approve software designs and implementation
• Manage approval of system design modifications
• Establish technical project objectives and priorities
• Assist customer with development and reviews of project roadmap
• Manage technical risks
• Recommend standards to team members and track adherence
All candidates must possess an active DoD clearance at the highest level
•Java, Agile methodology, Jira (or similar ticketing/tasking tool), Confluence (or similar web documentation tool)
•Desire and ability to learn new things
•Experience working in an Agile environment
•Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members
•Knowledge of Internet topology/protocols (IP, IPv6, BGP, Traceroute, DNS)
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program),
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one,
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans,
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay,
– Dental coverage including orthodontia, vision,
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=9983302 →