The Senior Software Engineer:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
- At least six (6) years’ experience developing software in an enterprise environment. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
- At least four (4) years developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Red hat versions 3-5) OS and at least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years.
- Extensive experience in planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as a top-level contributor or specialist. Have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with a minimum of six (6) years’ experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems, software testing and experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated at least five (5) documents in support of a software development project and experience designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
- Designing and developing applications that contain a user-facing view component.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Provide software development support to visualization products in the Knowledge Management suite of tools (e.g. ICON, SHOPKEEPER, and Knowledge Import)
- Develop/modernize web applications using a modern framework (e.g. Angular, JQuery, React, Java, RESTful Services) and interfacing with a variety of data repositories and search indexes (e.g. Oracle, MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Collaborate with other software development teams developing web-based user interface applications promoting service interoperability, integration, and reuse.
- Maintain awareness of current landscape of visualization solutions exchanging knowledge and advice regarding visualization technologies.
- Interface with analysts improving features and functions supported by the visualization products.
- Collaborate with User Experience design teams to increase the visualization products usability and interaction with analysts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science will be considered equivalent to four (4) years’ experience.
- Knowledge of presentation layer development
- AngularJS/Jquery/React/Vue (or other JS frameworks)
- Java Web Applications or NodeJS
- RESTful Services
- Oracle (SQL), MongoDB (noSQL)
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Have awareness of domain knowledge of the cyber mission, CSO mission data flow, knowledge capture, stream processing, etc.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AMB, SrSWE04,18-54
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=11143646 →