Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior level Software Engineer to perform testing and development of software and support infrastructure for network defense. The work is at the customer site and supports a small team in a highly unique organization supporting Intelligence Community mission requirements. This is a very dynamic environment requiring an experienced, capable candidate to employ critical thinking and develop software solutions that enable cyber analysts to quickly capture and retrieve information in support of DoD network defenses. All candidates must hold a full and active DoD Security Clearance.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Job Responsibilities and information:
Evaluation of data and network traffic related to network defense
Occasional support to other development, test, and operational issues for customers across organizations
Manually test current and emerging sensor capabilities
Properly code the manual test into the BLUEROOSTER Framework
Basic understanding of network engineering to set up testing framework
Ability to develop new test cases and then incorporate properly into the BLUEROOSTER testing capability
Proactive involvement in testing development to effectively manage on-going testing lifecycle
Identify problems with test cases, communicate reasons for errors/problems and provide recommendations for resolution
- Automated Testing theories, Python, Linux, Bash, IPv4, TCPDUMP/Wireshark, SVN, PERL, Java, C/C++, AngularJS
- Familiarity with the Active TUTELAGE infrastructure & sidelining testing
- libpcap, MySQL, OpenSSL, libevent, relational and NoSQL databases, IPv6; leadership skills.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SQ5084;SE2
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.