Belay Tech is seeking a Senior Software Engineer Specialist to join a fun team working on a critical mission. You should have ten or more years of Software Development within multiple languages, and some experience designing applications with and developing interfaces between Tomcat, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Docker, or cloud products. All candidates shall possess an active clearance at the highest level.
- Minimum of 10 years of Software Development experience in multiple languages (e.g. Java, C, C++)
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years of experience developing with Java and C++ in a Linux environment
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of five (5) years of experience developing software and systems using Java
- Within the last three (3) years, a minimum of one (1) year experience designing applications with and developing interfaces between Tomcat, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Docker, Hadoop/MapReduce/Zookeeper, and Spring MVC
- Within the last seven (7) years, a minimum of two (2) years of experience leading a software development team on a mid- to large-scale development project in a research environment
- Demonstrated experience with the design & development of applications for use in a distributed computing environment
- Demonstrated experience with the design & development of user interfaces
- Demonstrated experience with the debugging applications in a distributed computing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with systems architecture design
- Demonstrated experience writing in-motion and at-rest analytics
- Familiarity with workflows and formats
- Familiarity with continuous build and Jenkins environment
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning techniques and their implementation
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, Vox
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10496353 →