Great opportunity to gain a DoD clearance at the highest level! Belay Tech is seeking a System Administrator with Linux OS command line experience, VM Ware experience, and networking using CISCO switches and routers. The System Administrator will conduct daily checks (remote access) of servers, coordinate with site personal to request any help with servers, IE hard drive replacement, or server reboot. The candidate shall be able to be cleared at the highest DoD level.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
The System Administrator will conduct daily checks (remote access) of servers on 12 sites with up to 7 racks of server and 24 servers per rack. Coordinate with site personal to request any help with servers, IE hard drive replacement, or server reboot. Approve and implement any user requests. Dataflow management helping user get data back from remote sites. Preform system software upgrades at all 12 sites on a monthly basis. Perform any other tasks that might be assigned. Travel is required in this position, could be up to 4 trips a year, 5-10 days each; CONUS and OCONUS possible.
- Twelve (12) years of System Administration experience with a Bachelor degree in a technical field, or sixteen (16) years demonstrated systems administration experience without a degree, or ten (10) years of experience with a Master of Science in a technical field
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience leading teams on small to mid-size software development activities.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAT Category, Level II, within 90 days of start on contract
- Linux OS command line, VM ware experience, Linux OS command line, network using CISCO switches and routers.
Eight (8) years combined experience in each of the following:
a. system backup/restore procedures,
b. system security practices,
c. system tuning,
d. user administration,
e. software and hardware installation and maintenance,
f. file management and system troubleshooting,
g. operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix/Solaris, LINUX) and storage filers (e.g., NetApp, Isolon)
h. system accreditation support, and
i. system configurations
Experience using Dell and HP servers, CISCO switches and routers, Avocent ACS48 and 2035 (KVM and commutation server), APC power tower and
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, 4221
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10354213 →