Belay Technologies is seeking a System Engineer with prior mission assurance and COOP experience to collaborate across customer leadership, technical teams, and groups. You should have fourteen years of System Engineering experience along with a technical degree. All candidates must possess a full DoD security clearance.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Fourteen (14) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. All candidates must possess a technical degree or five years of additional experience.
Job Information and qualifications:
-Prior mission assurance and COOP experience (considered an expert in policy and implementation).
-effective ability to communicate and collaborate across customer leadership, technical teams, product groups, and directorates.
-documentation and analysis experience to find and communicate mission gaps.
-ability to influence positive change
-ability to work individually and self-start on mission tasking
-ability to act as TTO lead which includes coordinating reporting rhythms (weekly status/MSR/PMR), overseeing team, and interfacing with mission leadership.
Documentation support and Continuity of Operations Planning
Experience in performing mission assurance and continuity of operations work scope.
-Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conduction systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
-Implements comprehensive SOA solutions
-Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
– Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
-Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
-Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.)
-Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordination system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
-Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository
-Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
-Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions
-Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
– Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
-In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
-Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
-Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capability Description Document, IA Strategy)
-Participates in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
-Participates in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
-Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
-Allocates real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
-Derives from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
-Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
-Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
-Participates in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
– Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems, and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
-Develops system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
-Develops derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
-Reviews and provides input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
-Contributes to the development of sections of system engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control documents
-Manages system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc
-Assists with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
-Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SQ5148;SE2
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.