The Utility Cloud Services office is responsible for the design, development, implementation of Utility Cloud Service offerings for the Agency Extended Enterprise. These services include on-premise Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings including the Mission Utility Cloud and MACHINESHOP, and Platform as a Service (Paas) offerings including PARTSHOP, CONTIAINERYARD and LABBENCH. Additionally Utility Cloud Services is the Agency Service provider/primary liaison to the Commercial Cloud Service (C2S), the IC-facing Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
As a System Engineer on this task your duties will include:
- Support the adoption and integration of C2S platforms and solutions.
- Development of support of budgeting, migration plans, security designs, briefs, and general C2S services/adoption questions.
- Ensuring that the operational posture is maintained for an information system migrating to the C2S platform, and working in close collaboration with the information system owners and C2S support staff.
- Serve as a key advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving initiated, planned, scheduled authored training content, and support or lead the bi-weekly meeting and training for existing or prospective customers on how to properly and efficiently use C2S capabilities.
- Assist in the development of cloud computing security and risk management best practices and technical content.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 10 years System Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of System Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
- 5 years experience with Linux and platforms
- 3 years experience leading design and implementation activities in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing software (Java, .NET, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go, C++) scripts and automation
- Experience collaborating with the business, translating business need into technical requirements and presenting ideas in business-friendly language to management, customers and staff.
- Understanding of architecture design techniques
- Familiarity with DevOps and integrating with Gitlab, Jenkins and containers
- Experience with REST APIs to provide data to other applications looking to integrate with the PARTSHOP offerings
- Experience with open source COTS/GOTS/FOSS solutions
- Experience with cloud based computing
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible or similar tools
- System Administration experience
- Storage Administration experience
- Understanding of IaaS, PaaS and Containers
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, BT; 01-01; SEIIIB
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.