Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior System Engineer with a Data Center Manager background and familiar with hardware to work on a critical mission within a fun group. You will interact with key management, senior executives and Government officials regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. All candidates must possess an active DoD security clearance at the highest level.
Twenty (20) years’ experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
The Level 3 System Engineer (SE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participate in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Participate in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Participate in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Derive from the system requirements an understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
- Derive lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Participate in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Develop derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
- Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Implement comprehensive SOA solutions
- Implement operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Develop scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
- Review and/or approve system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Conduct quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.)
- Establish and follow a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
- Capture all interface designs in a common interface control format, and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- Prepare time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
- Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions
- Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
- Manage and ensure the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plan the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
- Support the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
- Support the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy)
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Develop comprehensive SOA solutions (U) Develop operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
- Improve standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
- Fully define interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software; and electrical and mechanical characteristics for hardware
- Use validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
- Develop alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risks using earned value management (EVM) data
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Apply and enforce use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software
- Ensure effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
- Serve as a member of the CCB
- As a participant within an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) effort, recommend a preferred solution based on selection criteria adjusted for reasonableness and validity of assumptions, technology limitations, environmental impact, and life-cycle costs
- Develop system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth
Belay Tech offers $5,000 annual training and tuition reimbursement. You should possess and maintain one of the following certifications:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MCSA-Serv) Server Infrastructure or; Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MCSA-Serv) Desktop Infrastructure or; Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MCSA-Serv) Messaging or; Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MCSA-Serv) Communication or; Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MCSA-Serv) Sharepoint or; Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or; NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA) or; XML Master Basic (XML) or: Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or; Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA) or; VMWare Certified Professional (Vsphere 5) – VCP5 or; EMC Isilon Storage Professional (ICSP) or; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or; Tibco Trained Professional-Enterprise Message Service (TTP-EMS) or; Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional (RCSP)
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, FSP, Full Scope Polygraph, GTSE3
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.