Belay Technologies is seeking a Senior Test Engineer to develop and execute functional test procedures and load/performance tests. Regression testing within an agile development environment for a feature based release model. You will document and maintain the test plan, test environments, and test event checklist for each test cycle. You will coordinate with the project team, software developers, and Government Program Manager (GMP) providing feedback on test results and defects.
The Senior Test Engineer shall have at least the following experience:
- At least a minimum of eight (8) years in test engineering of modern software systems.
- At least eight (8) years of requirements analysis experience and must be fully trained or have experience in the testing of systems at the User Interface, component, integration, system, and end-to-end levels.
- Proficient in the development and implementation of test strategies, plans, traceability matrices, procedures, and reports.
- Proficient in writing, maintaining, and managing test cases and discrepancy reports.
- Understanding of basic UNIX, DOS and Windows commands and basic understanding of capturing snapshots.
- Experience implementing automated tests.
- The candidate should be experienced with designing and developing automated test cases and testing tools including both white box and black box testing.
- Experience testing User Interfaces and web-based applications on an Agile software development team.
- Strong background in software testing methodologies and working with software development teams.
- Innovative thinker with good problem-solving skills. Self-starter who requires little direction.
- Familiarity with JIRA or other change tracking software.
- Effective communication skills working with test and developer teams.
- Basic understanding of other programming languages.
- Understanding of testing cycles in agile development environments for software systems.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, Am18-42-AASrTE01
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10915666 →