Belay Tech is seeking a Test Engineer to support of the Secretary of Defense’s directive to implement a Joint Command & Control (JC2) Cyber capability platform that provides a unified, timely, and responsive capability that can fully enable Cyber Situational Awareness, Planning and Execution, Force Employment, Intelligence support to C2, and Information Sharing. This is a great opportunity to work on contract while obtaining a security clearance!
On this project we are creating a cyberspace domain bridging element capability supporting standardized C2 Cyber activities. It is being built to be interoperable across department, service, or cyberspace partners. It is presently a prototype that has been approved to hold operational data. It is a fast paced project leveraging an Agile Development methodology.
• Responsible for testing a Tomcat Web Application
• Act as the primary/sole tester on a cross functional team
• Create and execute test plans and test procedure development (functional and performance) in an agile (working in sprints, effort estimation for new sprints) environment
• Participate in Capability Development Group (CDG) Integrated Product Team (IPT) and/or Integrated Test Team as needed to ensure proper coordination of acceptance testing activities
• Perform load-testing, and performance monitoring and analysis
• Responsible for providing quality process improvements and recommendations to further reduce defects from being released into production
• Works under consultative direction towards predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior.
• Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization’s technological capability
Required Technologies/Tools/Skills (must have):
• Experience planning and executing Performance Analysis
• Experience testing Web Applications
• Experience writing discrepancy reports, test plans, and perform integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems
• Experience with JIRA for Agile development
• Know basic Unix commands (more, tail, grep)
• Experience with test automation tools: JUnit and Selenium
• Self-motivated and an attention to detail
• Excellent documentation skills
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance at the highest level
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, CT4848SrTE
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10766659 →