Belay Tech is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to collaborate with customer team to gather and analyze requirements. The individual will communicate customer requirements to data visualization and front-end development teams, collaborating with data visualization designer and front-end developer to identify creative solutions that meet customer needs. All candidates must have a full DoD security clearance at the highest level.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- 6 years in this or related field, with strong background in task analysis and user interface design. Formal education in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Architecture, or related field is desirable but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements
- Strong ability to support a number of development activities concurrently.
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to design compelling and intuitive user interfaces.
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to partner and communicate with Software Engineers.
- Expertise in visual or graphic design using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalents.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and appropriate User Experience artifacts for each phase of a product life cycle.
- Experience in facilitating design sprints.
- Experience in coordinating user testing with product team.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Create Suite Software.
- Usability and human factors engineering background.
- Experience with creating/following style guides.
- Experience with creating/modifying branding/logos
- Experience with creating/modifying templates.
- Collaborate with customer team to gather and analyze requirements.
- Communicate customer requirements to data visualization and front-end development teams.
- Collaborate with data visualization designer and front-end developer to identify creative solutions that meet customer needs.
- Prototype and demonstrate visual models to the customer.
- Generate necessary documentation.
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, Poly, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, Am18-61-AASrUX, FSP, FS
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10348981 →