Belay Tech is seeking a User Experience Designer for new and existing web-based applications. You will be designing user-friendly solutions for complex workflows, high-fidelity mockups using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop, and participate in usability testing. You must hold an active DoD security clearance at the highest level.
- At least 6 years in this or related field and have a strong background with task analysis and user interface design. A formal education in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Architecture, or related field is desirable but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work iteratively with customers to gather and document user experience requirements.
- Strong ability to support multiple development activities concurrently.
- A high degree of creativity, interaction design, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to design compelling and intuitive user interfaces.
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to partner and communicate with Software Engineers.
- Expertise in visual or graphic design using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalents.
- Experience with User Experience Design or Web Design with a focus on web-based applications
- Professional portfolio or samples that demonstrate design thinking and a strong understanding of visual design
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for challenges
- Passionate about making great products and exceptional user experiences
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams of many different disciplines
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Pixel perfect design skills
- Strong knowledge of typography
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience working with development teams
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Design user experiences for new and existing web-based applications
- Design user-friendly solutions for complex workflows
- Design high-fidelity mockups using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- Create design artifacts, workflow diagrams, low-fidelity mockups, wireframes, static and functional prototypes that supplement the high-fidelity mockups
- Participate in usability testing
- Participate in design review sessions, explain design concepts and decisions to creative director, development teams, product owners and stakeholders
- Understand and follow user experience design processes, standards, and best practices
Communicate on a regular basis with creative director, product owners, development teams and stakeholders
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, AMB;18-44SrUserExDes04;05; TS/SCI with FSPoly; FSP, TS/SCI w/ FSP
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=11123543 →