Lead the way! Belay is seeking a Software Engineer to support the Application Messaging Framework (AMF). The individual is responsible for the design, development and testing of enterprise software for use in multiple systems across the Customer enterprise. The candidate should demonstrate a strong background developing enterprise-grade Java applications and posses an active DoD clearance at the highest level.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
The Software Engineer will support the Application Messaging Framework (AMF). This individual is responsible for the design, development and testing of enterprise software for use in multiple systems across the Customer enterprise. The candidate should demonstrate a strong background developing enterprise-grade Java applications with experience matching the skills outlined below.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 8 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 12 years
- 3+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise-grade Java applications
- 1+ year of experience writing software using message-oriented middleware such as JMS, AMQP, STOMP, or MQTT
- Knowledge of the Spring Framework and Dependency Injection
- Ability to debug and resolve application errors in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to peers and management
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining software in an Enterprise Linux environment
- Experience developing software with Git, Maven and Gradle
- Experience using Apache Kafka as a distributed messaging service
- Stream processing experience using Apache Storm or similar framework
- Complex Event Processing (CEP) experience
- Experience designing and developing applications using MongoDB or a similar NoSQL database
- Experience using distributed in-memory data stores such as Redis
- Application containerization experience using Docker
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, TTO3-04 MW
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=10197320 →