Belay Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer with 2-3 years of Java development experience.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Java development – minimum 2-3 years
- Unix/Linux/Centos experience – minimum 2 years
- DEVOPS experience in the agency environment – minimum 3 years configuring sw tools with environment understanding to successfully create software solutions
- Database experience – strongly prefer NoSQL DB, Accumulo and ElasticSearch
- Experience working flexibly and collaboratively in medium to large teams using various system development lifecycle models. Working knowledge of Agile approaches.
- Able to take initiative to make sure story needs are understood and completed as needed.
- Significant experience in mapping and documenting SW design and proposed solutions
- Development of broad coverage unit testing
- Knowledge of tools, FOSS, used at agency: GIt, Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Spring, JMeter, Junit, Jersey, Jackson json, Angular, REST, scripting languages.
- Familiarity with distributed environment or cloud processing , some experience with Hadoop is desirable
- Experience in refactoring large code bases, architecting SW system to meet broader systems capability objectives
- Experience addressing system performance and stability
- Experience in agency Compliance systems constraints
- Experience interacting with customers to address operational support questions
*** All candidates must possess an active DoD clearance at the highest level
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program), 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one, $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans, rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay, dental coverage including orthodontia, vision, up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay, pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to Careers@BelayTech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, Java developer, Software Engineer, Web design, web designer, Angular, React, Spring, Maven
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://belaytech.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=9943474 →