Work as a right-hand to the Branch level Technical Director, you will be overseeing technical strategy and execution for all of the development projects and initiatives in the branch. You should have twenty years of System Engineering experience along with a technical degree. You should be an effective communicator as you will be working across multiple teams, presenting technical concepts and status, and getting teams together to collaborate. You will be generating slides and meeting notes for technical discussions, overseeing data-flow analysis, enterprise data modelling, and systems management. You will be generating architecture drawings through Cameo and Visio. Any Computer Network operations experience is highly desired. All candidates must possess an active and full DoD security clearance.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
• SE3 requirements to include over Twenty (20) years of experience in system engineering roles
• This position will be working as a right-hand for the Branch level Technical Director in overseeing technical strategy and execution for all of the development projects and initiatives in the branch
• Highly effective in communicating across to multiple teams, presenting technical concepts and status, and getting teams together to collaborate
• Detail oriented, organized, and diligent
• Generating slides and meeting notes for technical discussions
• Overseeing dataflow analysis, enterprise data modelling, and systems management
• Requirements analysis and management
• Generating architecture drawings (Cameo, Visio)
• Computer Network operations experience preferred
Qualification: Twenty (20) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
Qualification: Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required.
Skill: Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
Skill: Develops comprehensive SOA solutions
Skill: Develops operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
Skill: Conducts and/or approves end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
Skill: Improves standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
Skill: Fully defines interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software; and electrical and mechanical characteristics of hardware
Skill: Uses validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
Skill: Develops alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risks using earned value management (EVM) data
Skill: Maintains knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Applies and enforces use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software
Skill: Ensures effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
Skill: Serves as a member of the CCB
Skill: As a participant within an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) effort, recommends a preferred solution based on selection criteria adjusted for reasonableness and validity of assumptions, technology limitations, environmental impact, and life-cycle costs
Skill: Develops system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion and growth
Skill: Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conduction systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
Skill: Implements comprehensive SOA solutions
Skill: Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
Skill: Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
Skill: Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
Skill: Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.)
Skill: Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordination system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
Skill: Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository
Skill: Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
Skill: Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions
Skill: Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
Skill: Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
Skill: In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
Skill: Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
Skill: Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capability Description Document, IA Strategy)
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SQSE3;5212
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.