The Technical Writer Level 2:
- Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration, and how-to documentation.
- Creates code documentation for software
- Produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities
- Provides field data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- Six (6) years technical writing experience in programs and contracts of a similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
- Under general direction, responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Applies concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produces defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interprets engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures and to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Researches highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources, and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Produces technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Applies technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
- Understands basic concepts, responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Responsible for preparing reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Works with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Coordinates layout and design of documents
- Works on all phases of documentation
- Understands basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assists in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manual and technical publications
- Gathers technical information, prepares written text
- May maintain a current internal documentation library
- Uses multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio, etc.
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, SQ5072, SQ, TW2
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.