The Test Engineer will:
- Creating automated testing frameworks and test harnesses
- Discovering, reporting, and tracking testing defects
- Analyzing test results and reporting performance, load, and other issues using issues management tool
- Developing, executing, and maintaining acceptance, integration, and system tests
- Collaborating with software engineers to develop effective strategies and test cases
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development life-cycle
- Perform continuous functional and regression integration and testing
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 3 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 7 years.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing system specifications
- Experience executing manual and automated test scripts and reviewing results
- Working knowledge of test management software (ex. SoapUI, Selenium, JUnit, JRunner, Sonar, etc.)
- Familiar with HTTP protocol and PKI
- Working knowledge of version repositories such as Git, SVN, CVS, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Experience testing in Linux or CentOS environment.
- Experience designing, creating, and executing manual and automated testing solutions including analysis of results to determine adequacy of testing
- Scripting development experience.
- Experience with Front-end User Interface and back-end integration testing across multiple services.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an Agile development team using superior time management to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Web communication protocols, i.e. JSON, REST, SOAP.
- Software testing tools or utilities such as SoapUI, Jenkins and SonarQube
- Scripting languages such as Goovy, Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- Creating and managing cronjobs.
- Solid Understanding of JAVA, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Familiar with X.500 compliant LDAP repositories.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Able to clearly communicate technical issues and ideas orally and written to superiors and subordinates across all engineering disciplines
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, MW, SE1-B, 02-27
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.